Sunday 6 April 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while World Without End by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching VS. Arashi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Allied Ace Pilots or Buzz! Junior: Dino Den.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 2008!
Which were the important events of 6 April 2008 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 April
- Mark Penn resigns as chief strategist for the Hillary Clinton 2008 presidential campaign. This comes in the wake of revelations that he performed lobbying work for the Colombian government, regarding a free trade pact that Senator Clinton opposes. (NPR)
- One man grabs the Olympic torch before police wrestle him to the ground as thousands of anti-China protesters disrupt the Olympic torch relay through London. (BBC News)
- War in Iraq:
- Gunmen kidnap 42 university students near the Iraqi city of Mosul. They are later released unharmed. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Twenty people are killed and 50 injured in overnight clashes in Sadr City in Baghdad. (CNN)
- A rocket attack on the Green Zone in Baghdad results in the death of two United States Army soldiers and 17 injuries. (AP via Google News)
- Vandals desecrate 148 Muslim graves in France's biggest World War I cemetery at Notre Dame de Lorette outside Arras in northern France. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 6 April 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Inter : 0 - 2
- Catania - Napoli : 3 - 0
- Fiorentina - Reggina : 2 - 0
- Palermo - Juventus : 3 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Standard - Mouscron : 1 - 0
- Westerlo - Anderlecht : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Bochum : 3 - 1
- Dortmund - Leverkusen : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Osnabruck : 3 - 0
- Augsburg - Erzgebirge Aue : 1 - 1
- CZ Jena - Paderborn : 3 - 0
- Mainz - Wehen : 3 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?