Friday 13 October 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derrick Moore and Kate Walsh.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Vater und sein Sohn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1967 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Derrick Moore: NFL running back (Az Cardinals, Carolina Panthers).
- Kate Walsh: American actress.
- Scott Cooper: American baseball player.
- Trevor Hoffman: Anaheim, California -- Pitcher (San Diego Padres).
- Javier Sotomayor: Cuban jumper (world record 1989).
- Steve Vickers: English footballer
- CBS radio cancels House Party
- The first game in the history of the American Basketball Association is played as the Anaheim Amigos lose to the Oakland Oaks 134-129 in Oakland, California.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 October 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?