Monday 30 October 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brenda Catherine Lawson and Pat Elynuik.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Baby Now That I've Found You by The Foundations was in the top 5 hits.
Cool Hand Luke, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Gabriel Hounds by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Titel, Thesen, Temperamente.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1967 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Brenda Catherine Lawson: Wanganui, New Zealand -- Double scull rower (1996 Olympics).
- Pat Elynuik: Foam Lake -- NHL right wing (Ottawa Senators).
- Ty Detmer: Quarterback (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Brad Aitken: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Karim el-Mejjati: Moroccan terrorist (d. 2005).
- Leonidas Kavakos: Greek violinist and conductor
- Arthur Allyn says White Sox will play 9 games in Milwaukee in 1968
- Ferdinand Bracke bicycles world record time (48,093 km)
- USSR Kosmos 186 and 188 make first automatic docking and Venmera 13 launch.
- Hong Kong 1967 riots: British troops and Chinese demonstrators clash on the border of China and Hong Kong.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
- The Association - Never My Love
- Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
- Aretha Franklin - A Natural Woman (You Make Me Feel Like)
- The Cowsills - The Rain, The Park & Other Things
- Bobby Vinton - Please Love Me Forever
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?