Tuesday 28 October 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Dobeck and Annie Potts in Nashville.
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hockey Night in Canada.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1952 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yours (Quierme Mucho) - Vera Lynn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?