Sunday 13 September 1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tsvetana Pironkova and Erin Way.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to La Bamba by Los Lobos.
In UK Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley was in the top 5 hits.
Hellraiser, directed by Clive Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Love, Medicine & Miracles by Bernie S. Siegel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Adder the Third.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing City Bomber or Inspector Gadget and the Circus of Fear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1987!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 13 September 1987 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Tsvetana Pironkova: Bulgarian tennis player.
- Erin Way
- Edenilson Bergonsi: Brazilian footballer.
- John Uy: American-Filipino model and actor.
- Jonathan de Guzmán: Canadian-Dutch footballer.
- Luke Fitzgerald: Irish rugby union footballer.
- Ai Kayano: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- GNA : Canadian-South Korean singer-songwriter and actress.
- Mervyn Leroy: Actor / screenwriter / director (Quo Vadis), dies at 86.
- Cesium-137 stolen from abandoned hospital in Rio de Janeiro
- Nancy Lopez wins LPGA Cellular One-Ping Golf Championship
- Paul Lynch of Great Britain does 32,573 push-ups in 24 hours.
- Goiania accident: A radioactive object is stolen from an abandoned hospital in Goiania, Brazil, contaminating many people in the following weeks and causing some to die from radiation poisoning.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- Dan Hill - Can't We Try
- Huey Lewis & The News - Doing It All For My Baby
- ABC - When Smokey Sings
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 September 1987
- Atlanta Falcons - Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 10 - 48
- Cincinnati Bengals - Indianapolis Colts : 23 - 21
- Cleveland Browns - New Orleans Saints : 21 - 28
- Dallas Cowboys - St. Louis Cardinals : 13 - 24
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?