Tuesday 13 September 2005
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Gold Digger by Kanye West.
In UK Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes was in the top 5 hits.
Corpse Bride, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Eldest by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les invincibles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boiling Point: Road to Hell or SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 2005!
Which were the important events of 13 September 2005 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 September
- The rebel National Liberation Front of Burundi breaks off peace negotiations with the new government of Pierre Nkurunziza. (BBC)
- Many petrol stations across the United Kingdom experienced increased demand ahead of the 2005 fuel protests. (Reuters)
- Sony recalls 3.5 million faulty PlayStation 2 power adapters. (BBC)
- President of the People's Republic of China Hu Jintao meets with U.S. President George W. Bush at the United Nations during the Leaders' Gathering in honor of the 60th Anniversary of the UN's founding. (White House)
- Chief Justice nominee John G. Roberts affirms before the Senate Judiciary Committee today his belief in a constitutional right to privacy, which underpins many Constitutional amendments (viz. 1, 4, 5, 9, 13 and 14) as well as Roe v. Wade. (This does not translate to support specifically for Roe v. Wade.) He answers questions regarding civil rights in wartime, torture and the role on international law in interpreting the Constitution. (NPR)
- The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations added ''Dedicated to Strathening America's Future through Education''./text
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 September 2005
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?