Tuesday 22 September 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Felton and Hyoni Kang (model).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Didn't We Almost Have It All by Whitney Houston.
In UK Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley was in the top 5 hits.
The Princess Bride, directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Star Trek: The Next Generation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blasteroids or Flying Shark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1987!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 22 September 1987 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Tom Felton: Movie Actor.
- Hyoni Kang (model)
- Derick Brassard: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Stefan Denifl: Austrian cyclist.
- Zdravko Kuzmanović: Serbian footballer.
- Alfred Rainer: Austrian soldier and skier (d. 2008).
- 2nd regular-season National Football League player strike begins
- Dow-Jones index rises record 75.23 points
- Janet B Evans swims female world record 400m freestyle (4:03.85)
- NFL players go on strike for 24 days
- Red Sox Wade Boggs ties AL record of 200 hits for 5 straight seasons
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Lost In Emotion
- ABC - When Smokey Sings
- Europe - Carrie
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Grateful Dead - Touch Of Grey
- Prince - U Got The Look
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?