Thursday 13 September 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 13, 2012). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whistle by Flo Rida.
House at the End of the Street, directed by Mark Tonderai, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Amateur by Edward Klein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Survivorman Ten Days.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Diabolik Lovers or Men in Black : Alien Crisis.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 2012
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 2012!
Which were the important events of 13 September 2012 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 September
- Lakhdar Brahimi, the U.N. and Arab League special envoy for the Syrian civil war, arrives in Damascus fighting goes on in the east of the capital. (''Oman Observer'')
- A 1430's painting in a museum in Rotterdam, ampquotThe three Mary's at the tombampquot, is attributed to Jan van Eyck. (''Volkskrant'')
- The Federal Reserve System starts a new campaign of increasing the money supply, the expected so-called QE3. But it says it buys mortgage-backed securities in an ampquotopen-endedampquot way, essentially ampquotcreatingampquot 40 billion US$ each month. The Fed also considers other measures in a bid to stimulate the economy. (''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- A freight elevator crashes 100 meters and kills 19 construction workers in Wuhan, Hubei province, China. (''Boston.com'')
- Guatemala's Volcano of Fire (Volcán de Fuego) erupts, leading to the evacuation of more than 33,000 people. (''USA Today'')
- 2012 diplomatic missions attacks:
- Protestors breach the walls of the U.S. embassy compound in Sana'a, Yemen. Yemeni police fire warning shots in the air and four people are killed. The Egyptian ministry of health says 224 people are injured in demonstrations around the embassy in Cairo. In Kuwait, 500 people gather and chant near the embassy. (AFP via ''Google News'')
- The U.S. deploys destroyers and surveillance drones to Libya to hunt for those responsible for the attack in Benghazi. U.S. officials say they are investigating whether the protests over a film privately produced in the US denigrating the prophet Muhammad were used as a cover by the attackers, rather than being spurred by them. The Libyan Deputy Interior minister says there were two parts in the attack - the second attack was on the safe house of which the location was previously leaked. (AP
- More details emerge about the privately produced anti-Islam film that sparks unrest in the world. Sam Bacile is also the name a Washington-based activist assumed to initiate forwarding the link last week. One reporter points to the suspected real name of ampquotAbano(u)b Basseleyampquot. (Wall Street Journal)
- In short, Pastor Terry Jones and Copt Washington-based lawyer Morris Sadek are two of the promoters of the film. (AFP by Google)
- An other person, named Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, self-identified manager of the company that allegedly produced the film, is identified by a security official. (Youtube)
- Newly-appointed Japanese ambassador to China, Shinichi Nishimiya, is found collapsed on a street in Tokyo and hospitalized. (Kyodo News)
- Mexican Drug War
- Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sánchez, the supreme leader of the drug trafficking organization known as the Gulf Cartel and one of the most-wanted drug lords in Mexico, is arrested in the state of Tamaulipas. (The Huffington Post)
- Former Khmer Rouge leader Ieng Thirith is unfit to face a genocide trial in Cambodia due to dementia. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev calls for Russian punk band Pussy Riot to be freed, saying that their further imprisonment is ampquotunproductiveampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- In the general election in the Netherlands, Prime Minister Mark Rutte's People's Party for Freedom and Democracy gains 10 seats to win 41 of the 150 in the House of Representatives and Diederik Samsom's Labour Party, gains 8. (AP)
- Dr. Mustafa Abushagur is elected as prime minister of Libya. (''Fairport-East Rochester Post'')
- The old 'Earth's highest temp' has been discredited by the WMO. (''Weather Underground'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 September 2012
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Leyton Orient - Brentford : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- No Lie - 2 Chainz Featuring Drake
- Adorn - Miguel
- Bag Of Money - Wale Featuring Rick Ross, Meek Mill & T-Pain
- Lemme See - Usher Featuring Rick Ross
- Mercy - Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz
- Heart Attack - Trey Songz
- Turn On The Lights - Future
- Amen - Meek Mill Featuring Drake
- Pop That - French Montana Featuring Rick Ross, Drake, Lil Wayne
- Enough Of No Love - Keyshia Cole Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Hasta Que Te Conoci - Mana
- Alejandro Sanz - No Me Compares
- Mirando Al Cielo - Roberto Tapia
- Sin Respiracion - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Pasarela - Daddy Yankee
- Amor Confuso - Gerardo Ortiz
- Hasta Que Salga El Sol - Don Omar
- Algo Me Gusta De Ti - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Chris Brown & T-Pain
- Incondicional - Prince Royce
- Dutty Love - Don Omar Featuring Natti Natasha
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?