Tuesday September 13, 2011
US date format: 9/13/2011, UK date format: 13/9/2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 13, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Xander Jones .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
The Intouchables, directed by Olivier Nakache, Éric Toledano, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Flash And Bones by Kathy Reichs was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fresh Meat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Catherine or Beep.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 13, 2011?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- See more
- Investigators in Gothenburg, Sweden, now think that the four men arrested for the 2011 failed Gothenburg terrorist attack have links to the terrorist network Al-Qaida. (CBC)
- Taliban insurgents attack the United States embassy, NATO headquarters and police buildings in the Afghan capital Kabul. (BBC)
- U.S. bankruptcy court judge Mary Walrath rejects a reorganization plan submitted by Washington Mutual, holding that the Debtors erred by planning to pay senior debtholders a contract rate of interest rather than the federal judgment rate. (Wall Street Journal Online)
- 12.3 million people have been displaced and 11.2 million homes affected, as well as 1.7 million acres of fertile land inundated, in the wake of the monsoonal 2011 Sindh floods in Pakistan. The death toll from the flooding currently stands at 270. (''Express Tribune'')
- See more
- Xander Jones: American child of noted mother, actress...
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 13, 2011?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne - I'm On One
- Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne - Motivation
- Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding - Otis
- Lil Wayne - How To Love
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- Miguel - Sure Thing
- Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash - Marvin & Chardonnay
- Miguel - Quickie
- Drake - Marvins Room
- Drake - Headlines
Sport Games on September 13, 2011
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Telford United - Luton : 0 - 2
- York - Bath City : 1 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brentford - Colchester : 1 - 1
- Chesterfield - Bury : 1 - 0
- Exeter - Notts County : 1 - 1
- Leyton Orient - Bournemouth : 1 - 3
- Rochdale - Scunthorpe : 1 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Accrington - Rotherham : 1 - 1
- AFC Wimbledon - Northampton : 0 - 3
- Barnet - Plymouth : 2 - 0
- Bristol Rvs - Shrewsbury : 1 - 0
- Burton - Crewe : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2011?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $71.76
- Apple AAPL: opens at $382.14
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.92
- General Electric GE: opens at $15.02
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $163.64
- 1 USD = 76.91 JPY
- 1 USD = 0.9859 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.8798 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.3995 CNY
- 1 EUR = 105.19 JPY