Tuesday 13 September 2011US date format: 9/13/2011, UK date format: 13/9/2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 13, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Xander Jones .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
What's Your Number?, directed by Mark Mylod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fresh Meat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat: Assault Horizon or Darkspore.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 13 September 2011 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Xander Jones: American child of noted mother, actress...
- Voters in Nevada's 2nd congressional district go to the polls for a special election to replace former member of the United States House of Representatives, Senator Dean Heller, with Republican Mark Amodei defeating Democrat Kate Marshall. (New York Times) (AP)
- Voters in New York's 9th congressional district go to the polls for a special election to replace former member of the United States House of Representatives Anthony Weiner with Republican Bob Turner winning a tight race with Democrat David Weprin (New York Times) (The Atlantic Monthly) (AP)
- The Pagami Creek wildfire in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness of the U.S. state of Minnesota spreads to over 100,000 acres, with smoke drifting across the Midwest. (Lakeland Times) (Duluth News)
- Investigators in Gothenburg, Sweden, now think that the four men arrested for the 2011 failed Gothenburg terrorist attack have links to the terrorist network Al-Qaida. (CBC)
- Taliban insurgents attack the United States embassy, NATO headquarters and police buildings in the Afghan capital Kabul. (BBC)
- U.S. bankruptcy court judge Mary Walrath rejects a reorganization plan submitted by Washington Mutual, holding that the Debtors erred by planning to pay senior debtholders a contract rate of interest rather than the federal judgment rate. (Wall Street Journal Online)
- 12.3 million people have been displaced and 11.2 million homes affected, as well as 1.7 million acres of fertile land inundated, in the wake of the monsoonal 2011 Sindh floods in Pakistan. The death toll from the flooding currently stands at 270. (''Express Tribune'')
- At least 11 people are killed and over 228 injured in a collision between a bus and train in the suburb of Flores in the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires. (''Buenos Aires Herald'')
- Pakistani Taliban gunmen opened fire on a Peshawar school bus that kills 15 people. (The Guardian)
- Over 5,000 people have reportedly been infected by an outbreak of dengue fever in Pakistan. (ARY News)
- The date of the Venezualan presidential election is set for 7 October, 2012. (BBC)
- The British House of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee announces its intention to recall James Murdoch as its probe into the News International phone hacking scandal continues. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom Boundaries Commission publishes proposals to redraw constituency boundaries in England and Northern Ireland to reduce the number of MPs in the House of Commons from 650 to 600 at the next general election. Proposals for Scotland and Wales will be announced later. (BBC)
- Unions in the United Kingdom call on members to stage a nationwide ampquotday of actionampquot on 30 November in protest at changes to public sector pensions. (BBC)
Sport Games on 13 September 2011
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Telford United - Luton : 0 - 2
- York - Bath City : 1 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brentford - Colchester : 1 - 1
- Chesterfield - Bury : 1 - 0
- Exeter - Notts County : 1 - 1
- Leyton Orient - Bournemouth : 1 - 3
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Accrington - Rotherham : 1 - 1
- AFC Wimbledon - Northampton : 0 - 3
- Barnet - Plymouth : 2 - 0
- Bristol Rvs - Shrewsbury : 1 - 0
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2011?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Quickie - Miguel
- Marvins Room - Drake
- Headlines - Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock
- You - Romeo Santos
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Not Again - Staind
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Country Song - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.04
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $84.72
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $71.59
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $22.63
- 1 CHF = 7.2709 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4883 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8924 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.601 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?