Tuesday 18 September 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Theodora Rose Williams and Theodora Williams.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift.
Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drzavni Posao.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Story or CSR Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 September 2012 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Theodora Rose Williams
- Theodora Williams: First child of British singer Robbie Williams and wife, Ayda.
- Burma releases 500 prisoners, including at least 58 political prisoners and foreigners, in an amnesty. (BBC)
- Two mass graves are discovered in the Tana Delta region of Kenya. (BBC)
- Two police officers are killed in Greater Manchester. (''The Guardian'')
- Hezb-e-Islami, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar's faction, claims to be responsible for a suicide bomber who strikes near Kabul Airport in Afghanistan killing twelve people. (Reuters)
- Mexican Drug War: 132 inmates escape from a prison in the city of Piedras Negras, Coahuila, directly across the U.S-Mexico border with Eagle Pass, Texas, by digging a tunnel underground. The authorities have yet to determine which drug gang was responsible for the jailbreak. (AP via Fox News)
- At least ten soldiers are killed and more than 70 are injured in a rocket attack by Kurdish militants in Bingol, Turkey. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- A fire at a gas facility in Mexico's state-owned oil company, Pemex, claims 26 lives in the border city of Reynosa, Tamaulipas. (AFP)
- U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney claims Palestinians are committed to the destruction of Israel. (BBC)
- Senkaku Islands dispute
- People in over 180 cities of China attend protests sparked by Japan's nationalization of the Senkaku Islands and the 81st anniversary of the Mukden Incident. (''Global Times'')
- Japanese companies shut down or scale back production in China for the duration of the protests. (AFP via ''The Australian'')
- Ten Chinese surveillance ships sailed into the contiguous zone off the Senkaku Islands, following a similar incursion by a fishery monitoring ship earlier in the day. (''Yomiuri Shimbun'')
- Bahrain's public prosecution charges seven police officers with torturing Shia medics to obtain confessions during the ongoing Bahraini uprising. (Al Jazeera)
- The Chicago Teachers Union and Chicago Public Schools reach a deal that would end an 8-day strike. (CNN)
- Following the world's first mother-to-daughter uterus transplants at the University of Gothenburg two women may now be able to give birth using the wombs in which they were carried. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 September 2012
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Birmingham - Bolton : 2 - 1
- Blackburn - Barnsley : 2 - 1
- Blackpool - Middlesbrough : 4 - 1
- Crystal Palace - Nott'm Forest : 1 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bournemouth - Brentford : 2 - 2
- Carlisle - Crewe : 0 - 0
- Colchester - Crawley Town : 1 - 1
- Leyton Orient - Yeovil : 4 - 1
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- AFC Wimbledon - Torquay : 0 - 1
- Aldershot - Barnet : 1 - 0
- Bradford - Morecambe : 3 - 1
- Cheltenham - Oxford : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?