Wednesday 14 June 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ante Mise and Wendy Lian Williams.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Games People Play by Eric Berne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coronet Blue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1967 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Ante Mise: Yugoslav soccer player (Hajduk Split / Vitesse).
- Wendy Lian Williams: St. Louis, Missouri -- US diver (1988, 92 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Kumar Birla: Indian businessman.
- Dedrick Dodge: NFL safety (SF 49ers, Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Eddie Eagan: American boxer and bobsledder (d. 1967).
- Mariner 5 Launch (Venus Flyby)
- Steve Allen Show, premieres on CBS-TV
- USSR launches Kosmos 166 for observation of Sun from Earth orbit
- Mariner program: Mariner 5 is launched toward Venus.
- June 15 – Glenn Gould records Prokofiev's Seventh Piano Sonata, Op. 83, in New York City (his only recording of a Prokofiev composition).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Association - Windy
- The Temptations - All I Need
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mirage
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?