Friday 14 June 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 14, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Weston Dressler and Oleg Medvedev.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by The Crowd was in the top 5 hits.
St. Elmo's Fire, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Soong Dynasty by Sterling Seagrave was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ein Mann macht klar Schiff.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beach Head II: The Dictator Strikes Back or Moebius: The Orb of Celestial Harmony.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1985!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1985 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Weston Dressler: Football Player.
- Oleg Medvedev: Oleg Medvedev.
- Andy Soucek: Spanish race car driver.
- Michael Nesmith In Television Parts premieres on NBC-TV
- Earl Weaver comes out of retirement to manage Baltimore Orioles
- Lebanese Shiite Muslim extremists hijacked TWA Flight 847
- TWA Flight 847, carrying 153 passengers from Athens, Greece to Rome, Italy, is hijacked by a Hezbollah fringe group. One passenger, U.S. Navy Petty Officer Robert Stethem, is killed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Madonna - Angel
- Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
Top #10 R&B songs
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Marvin Gaye - Sanctified Lady
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Electric Lady - ConFunkShun
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Ready For The World - Deep Inside Your Love
- Jesse Johnson's Revue - Can You Help Me
- Atlantic Starr - Freak-A-Ristic
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?