Wednesday 14 November 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Hitman, directed by Xavier Gens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Dark Of The Moon by John Sandford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vratice se rode.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond the Red Line or Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 November 2007 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 November
- The last direct-current electrical distribution system in the United States is shut down in New York City by Con Edison.
- Strikes in France:
- French transport and energy workers' strike against President Nicolas Sarkozy's pension reform broadens, disrupting especially rail services. (BBC)
- The 2007 National Book Awards go to Denis Johnson (''Tree of Smoke''), fiction, Tim Weiner (''Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA''), non-fiction, Sherman Alexie (''The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian''), young people's literature, and Robert Hass (''Time and Materials''), poetry. (Reuters)
- German train drivers start a 62-hour train strike against Deutsche Bahn, asking for a 31% pay increase. (BBC)
- The European Parliament far right bloc, Identity, Tradition, Sovereignty, collapses after five Romanian MEPs resign following Alessandra Mussolini's claim that Romanians are ampquothabitual law-breakersampquot. (BBC)
- A 7.7-magnitude earthquake hits northern Chile, near the town of Calama. Two deaths and over a hundred injuries are reported. (BBC)
- President of Ghana John Kufuor is involved in a car accident in Accra, but is not hurt. (BBC)
- Hossein Mousavian, a former Iranian nuclear negotiator, is charged with espionage by Iran's intelligence ministry. He allegedly gave classified information to the British embassy. (BBC)
- Iraqi insurgency: A roadside bomb kills two civilians near Baghdad's Green Zone. (BBC)
- 2007 Pakistani state of emergency:
- Pakistani opposition leader Imran Khan is arrested at the University of the Punjab in Lahore. (BBC)
- Danish prime minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen's liberal-conservative government has secured a third term in office following early parliamentary elections to the Folketing. (The Times)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 November 2007
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Livingston - Partick : 0 - 4
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?