Saturday 14 September 2002
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK The Tide Is High (Get The Feeling) by Atomic Kitten was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Home Alabama, directed by Andy Tennant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Remnant by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Firefly.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Eisei Meijin VI or Big Money!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 2002!
Which were the important events of 14 September 2002 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 September
- Tim Montgomery of the United States broke the world record in the 100 meter dash at the IAAF Grand Prix Final, running 9.78 seconds to beat the former record of 9.79 set by Maurice Greene of the United States in 1999.
- In both San Francisco and Los Angeles, California, hundreds of anti-war protesters marched and spoke out against the U.S. plan to invade Iraq.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 September 2002
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Roma : 2 - 1
- Como - Empoli : 0 - 2
- Inter - Torino : 1 - 0
- Modena - Milan : 0 - 3
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Beveren - Lokeren : 0 - 1
- Gent - Bergen : 2 - 1
- Mechelen - Lierse : 0 - 2
- Mouscron - Charleroi : 6 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Hertha : 0 - 1
- Cottbus - Werder Bremen : 0 - 1
- Dortmund - Schalke 04 : 1 - 1
- Leverkusen - Hannover : 1 - 3
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Barcelona : 0 - 2
- Malaga - Vallecano : 2 - 1
- Osasuna - La Coruna : 1 - 2
- Valencia - Recreativo : 3 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?