Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened throughout history on August 15. From 1900 until now.
August 15 is under the sign of Leo.
Famous birthdays on this day include Jennifer Lawrence (1990), Ben Affleck (1972) and Alain Juppé (1945).
Several movies were released around August 15 over the years, such as Blue Velvet in 1986 directed by David Lynch and Street Scene in 1931 directed by King Vidor.
But much more happened on August 15 over the years: find out below
Which were the most popular Movies released around August 15 over the years?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the important events of August 15?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- See more
- 2018 War in Afghanistan: At least 48 people, mostly students, are killed and a further 67 are injured in a suicide bomb attack at an education centre in Kabul. The Taliban denies any involvement. (BBC)The Taliban attacks two units of Afghan security forces in the Baghlan-e-Markazi district of Baghlan Province, killing at least 39 soldiers and police officers. (SFGate)
- 2017 Boko Haram insurgency: Three suicide bombers kill 27 people and wound 83 near Maiduguri, Nigeria. (Reuters)
- 2016 Yemeni Civil War: An air strike by the Saudi-led coalition which hit a hospital in northern Yemen run by Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) kills at least 11 people. (BBC)
- 2015 Iraqi Civil War (2014–2017): ISIL bombings kill 21 and wound more than 100 others in Shia neighborhoods of Baghdad. (The News Hub)
- See more
American actress, played leading role of...
American actor, an Academy Award winner...
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 15 over the years?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 2017 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber - Despacito
- 2016 Sia Featuring Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills
- 2015 OMI - Cheerleader
- 2014 MAGIC! - Rude
- 2013 Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines
- 2012 Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
- 2011 LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
- 2010 Eminem - Love The Way You Lie
- 2009 The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- 2008 Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
- See more
Top #1 Rock songs
- 2017 Imagine Dragons - Believer
- 2016 twenty one pilots - Ride
- 2015 WALK THE MOON - Shut Up And Dance
- 2014 Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars
- 2013 Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
- 2012 Green Day - Oh Love
- 2011 Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
- 2010 Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- 2009 Linkin Park - New Divide
Which were the most popular books released around August 15 over the years?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
This day over the years in 30 sec.
For more videos please visit our official youtube channel