Tuesday 15 August 2000US date format: 8/15/2000, UK date format: 15/8/2000
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 2000). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Lexi Jones .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Incomplete by Sisqo.
In UK 7 Days by Craig David was in the top 5 hits.
State and Main, directed by David Mamet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Heartbreaker by Julie Garwood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Soccer Saturday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Donald Duck: Goin' [email protected] or Fear Effect.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 2000
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 2000!
Which were the important events of 15 August 2000 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2000?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- A Puro Dolor - Son By Four
- Jurame - Gisselle
- Muy Dentro De Mi [You Sang To Me] - Marc Anthony
- Joan Sebastian - Secreto de Amor
- Si Te Vas - Alejandro Fernandez
- Por Siempre Tu [I Turn To You] - Christina Aguilera
- Imaginame Sin Ti [Imagine Me Without You] - Luis Fonsi
- Yo Se Que Te Acordaras - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Gloria Estefan - Como Me Duele Perderte
- Francisco Cespedes - Donde Esta La Vida
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $87.00
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $44.31
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $61.00
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $112.80
- 1 JPY = 1.57 CHF
- 1 JPY = 0.61 GBP
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?