Monday 15 February 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Élodie Frégé and Shameka Christon.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Centerfold by The J. Geils Band.
In UK A Town Called Malice / Precious by The Jam was in the top 5 hits.
Death Wish II, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nepokoreni grad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Leepers or Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1982!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1982 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Élodie Frégé: French singer, winner of the TV show "Star Academy" in 2004, her grandfather was a professional accordeonist.
- Shameka Christon: American basketball player.
- Tahesia Harrigan: Virgin Islander sprinter.
- Alex Nodari: Italian footballer.
- James Yap: Filipino basketball player.
- Dan Issel (NBA-Nuggets), begins streak of 63 consecutive free throw
- Ocean Ranger oil-drilling platform lost off Newfoundland, 84 die
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 February 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The J. Geils Band - Centerfold
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Journey - Open Arms
- The Cars - Shake It Up
- Stevie Wonder - That Girl
- Juice Newton - The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
- Air Supply - Sweet Dreams
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Dan Fogelberg - Leader Of The Band
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?