Wednesday 15 February 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson.
John Carter, directed by Andrew Stanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Descending.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave or 99 Spirits.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 2012!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 15 February 2012 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 February
- A fire at a prison in Comayagua, Honduras kills 360.
- 2011–2012 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian Army launches an offensive against Hama and continue the bombardment of Homs. (Reuters)
- Ekmeleddin İhsanoğlu, the Secretary-General of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation, calls on the international community to rule out military intervention in Syria. (AP via MSNBC)
- 25 people are killed by across Syria by security forces, primarily in the cities of Homs and Idlib. (Al Arabiya)
- 2011–2012 Bahraini uprising:
- Over 120 protesters are injured and some arrested in clashes with police who prevented protesters from celebrating the first anniversary of the uprising. (Reuters)
- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon expresses concern over recent violence between security forces and demonstrators, urging authorities to exercise maximum restraint. (United Nations)
- Al Wefaq confirms informal contacts between senior officials and the government. (''The Washington Times'')
- ''The Portrait of Henrietta Moraes'', a painting by Francis Bacon, sells at Christie's for £21.3 million, the second most valuable work of post-war contemporary art sold at the London auction house. (RTÉ)
- Sony admits it increased the price of two Whitney Houston albums hours after she was found in the bathtub of her hotel room last Saturday. Fans react with outrage. (BBC)
- Approximately 3000 coal miners working for BHP Billiton in the Australian state of Queensland commence a week-long strike. (''Business Day'')
- The UK unemployment rate reaches a 17-year high. (''The Guardian'')
- The Kellogg Company purchases snack maker Pringles from Procter Gamble for US$2.7 billion. (BBC)
- Comayagua prison fire:
- The President of Honduras Porfirio Lobo pledges a ampquotfull and transparent inquiryampquot into the events and suspends local and national prison officials. (BBC)
- It is revealed that the Crown Prosecution Service and Met Police paid a family more than £600,000 in damages and costs in 2008 after a child witness was identified to a gang. It is believed to be one of the largest of its kind. (Press Association via ''The Guardian'')
- Seventeen students at Texas Christian University in the U.S., including four members of the school's football team, are arrested on drug charges. An arrest warrant for one of the players alleges that drug use was rampant on the team and that at least three of the players were dealing drugs. (ESPN)
- ACTA loses further support in Europe as Bulgaria and the Netherlands join Poland and Germany in declining to ratify it due to privacy and human rights concerns. (Reuters via ''The Guardian'')
- A giant statue of Kim Jong-il is unveiled in North Korea ahead of the 70th anniversary of his birthday. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 February 2012
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Genoa : 1 - 0
- Parma - Juventus : 0 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Doxa Dramas - Kerkyra : 0 - 1
- Levadeiakos - Panetolikos : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?