Sunday 15 March 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 15, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Young Buck and Brice Guyart.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to 9 To 5 by Dolly Parton.
In UK Jealous Guy by Roxy Music was in the top 5 hits.
Thief, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Baila Comigo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Turbo or Mario.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 March 1981
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1981!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1981 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Young Buck: American rapper.
- Brice Guyart: French athlete, fencer, who won a gold medal with the French foil team at the 2000 Olympics and a gold in the individual foil at the 2004 Olympics.
- Cédric Le Belge
- Judith Hoersch
- Jens Salumäe: Estonian skier.
- Veronica Maggio: Swedish singer-songwriter.
- Mikael Forssell: German-Finnish footballer.
- Ryan Cartwright: Actor.
- Rene Clair: French film director (Born 1898).
- Broadway Follies opens / closes at Nederlander Theater, New York City
- Suriname failed coup under Sergeant-Major Wilfred Hawker.
- Patty Hayes wins LPGA Sun City Golf Classic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Yarbrough & Peoples - Don't Stop The Music
- The Gap Band - Burn Rubber (Why You Wanna Hurt Me)
- The Whispers - It's A Love Thing
- Sister Sledge - All American Girls
- Tom Browne - Thighs High (Grip Your Hips And Move)
- Slave - Watching You
- Stevie Wonder - I Ain't Gonna Stand For It
- A Taste Of Honey - Sukiyaki
- Tierra - Together
- Lakeside - Fantastic Voyage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?