Sunday 15 March 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brice Guyart and Young Buck.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to 9 To 5 by Dolly Parton.
In UK Jealous Guy by Roxy Music was in the top 5 hits.
The Postman Always Rings Twice, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Riker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cranston Manor or Pyramid of Doom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1981!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1981 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Brice Guyart: French athlete, fencer, who won a gold medal with the French foil team at the 2000 Olympics and a gold in the individual foil at the 2004 Olympics.
- Young Buck: American rapper.
- Mikael Forssell: German-Finnish footballer.
- Veronica Maggio: Swedish singer-songwriter.
- Jens Salumäe: Estonian skier.
- Rene Clair: French film director (Born 1898).
- Broadway Follies opens / closes at Nederlander Theater, New York City
- Suriname failed coup under Sergeant-Major Wilfred Hawker.
- Patty Hayes wins LPGA Sun City Golf Classic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 March 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?