Wednesday 4 March 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Michelle Kelly and Aketza Pena.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Love A Rainy Night by Eddie Rabbitt.
In UK Vienna by Ultravox was in the top 5 hits.
The Dark Road, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Svetozar Markovic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing SwordThrust or Ghost Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1981!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1981 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Laura Michelle Kelly: English actress and singer.
- Aketza Pena: Spanish road bicycle racer.
- Carol Banawa: Filipino-American singer and actress.
- Marie Delattre: French sprint canoer.
- Laura Kelly: English actress and singer.
- Gareth Knapman: English theatre actor and director
- Greg Lamb: Zimbabwean cricketer
- Ariza Makukula: Portuguese international football player
- Aketza Peña: Spanish cyclist
- Alastair Ross: Northern Ireland Unionist politician
- Donny Tourette: English singer-songwriter (Towers of London)
- Helen Wyman: English cyclist
- Torin Thatcher: Actor (Houdini, Isranbul, Lady Godiva).
- Odette Barencey: French film actress (Born 1893).
- Franz Kapus: Swiss Olympic bobsledder (Born 1909).
- John Knight: Australian politician (Born 1943).
- Karl-Jesco von Puttkamer: World War II naval adjutant to Adolf Hitler (Born 1900).
- Yip Harburg: American lyricist (Born 1896)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 March 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?