Friday 6 March 1981
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nasri Atweh and Ellen Muth.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Love A Rainy Night by Eddie Rabbitt.
In UK Vienna by Ultravox was in the top 5 hits.
The Howling, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Svetozar Markovic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ghost Town or Video Hustler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 March 1981!
Which were the important events of 6 March 1981 ?
- In Ghana, - The National independence day.
- Casimir Pulaski Day in Illinois (2006, first Monday of March).
- Saint Chrodegang
- Saint Fridolin
- Saint Coleta of Ghent
- In 2004, the Jewish holiday of Purim begins.
Famous Birthdays:06 March
- Klaus Grabowski: Child molester, shot by parent.
- Walter Cronkite signs-off as anchorman of CBS Evening News
- Worlds Ladies Fig Skating Champ in Hartford won by Denise Biellmann
- Soyuz 39 returns to Earth.
- After 19 years of presenting the CBS Evening News, Walter Cronkite signs off for the last time.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 March 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?