Tuesday 17 March 1981, St. Patrick's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kyle Korver and Servet Cetin.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Keep On Loving You by REO Speedwagon.
In UK Jealous Guy by Roxy Music was in the top 5 hits.
The Postman Always Rings Twice, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Crisis Investing by Douglas R. Casey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Löwenzahn.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Madness and the Minotaur or Softporn Adventure.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1981!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 March 1981 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Kyle Korver: American basketball player.
- Servet Cetin: Turkish football player.
- Aaron Baddeley: American-Australian golfer.
- Servet Çetin: Turkish footballer.
- Eva Fislová: Slovak tennis player.
- Thorsten Stuckmann: German footballer.
- Paul Dean: Canadian guitarist (Loverboy and Streetheart).
- FC Lisse, Dutch soccer team, forms.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?