Tuesday 15 November 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Smet and Fernando Verdasco.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to All Night Long (All Night) by Lionel Richie.
In UK Uptown Girl by Billy Joel was in the top 5 hits.
Terms of Endearment, directed by James L. Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Monimbo by Robert Moss and Arnaud de Borchgrave was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SCTV Channel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atom or Frankenstein's Monster.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1983!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 15 November 1983 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Laura Smet: French actress.
- Fernando Verdasco: Spanish tennis player.
- John Heitinga
- Dominic Carroll: Gibraltarian runner.
- Sasha Pavlović: Serbian basketball player.
- DJ Skee: American DJ and producer.
- Sasha Pavlovic: Serbian basketball player.
- Robyn Twitchell: American news figure whose death at the age of two brought about a change in medical laws concerning the rights of people to refuse medical treatment for their kids due to religious beliefs.
- Charlie Grimm: American baseball player manager and sportscaster (d. 1983).
- 75th hat trick in Islander history-Mike Bossy
- Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus is founded. Recognised only by Turkey.
- The Turkish part of Cyprus declares independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Quiet Riot - Cum On Feel The Noize
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
- The Fixx - One Thing Leads To Another
- The Motels - Suddenly Last Summer
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?