Thursday 16 December 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frankie Ballard and Justin Mentell.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Maneater by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
In UK Save Your Love by Renee & Renato was in the top 5 hits.
The Dark Crystal, directed by Jim Henson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Powerhouse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gopher or Preppie!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1982!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1982 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Frankie Ballard: Country Singer.
- Justin Mentell: American actor (d. 2010).
- Antrel Rolle: American football player.
- Stanislav Šesták: Slovakian footballer.
- Hanna Syedokova: Ukrainian-American singer and actress (Nu Virgos).
- Anthony C B Chapman: England, formula 1 racer, dies at 54.
- Tom Seaver agrees to new contract with New York Mets.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 December 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?