Wednesday 16 December 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anna Sedokova and Emily Levey.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Red Alert or Tempest.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1981!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1981 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 December 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Commodores - Oh No
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?