Wednesday 20 December 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cameron Mullinder .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Deity.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 24: The Game or Crash Boom Bang!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 20 December 2006 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Cameron Mullinder: British noted family member, first son of the world's first test tube baby, Louise Brown.
- The Home Office department of the United Kingdom Government announces plan to require foreign nationals living in Britain to have biometric ID cards. (Guardian Unlimited)
- Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Republic of Macedonia, and Kosovo sign the Central European Free Trade Agreement extending the free trade zone to southeastern Europe. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- The Government of Kazakhstan is considering giving Kyrgyzstan USD $100 million in aid. (ITAR-TASS)
- The 2006 Malaysian floods caused by heavy monsoon rain force the evacuation of 26,000 people in the southern Malaysian state of Johor. Flooding is also reported in the southern states of Malacca and Negeri Sembilan but the situation there is not as serious. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The United States military claims to have captured a senior leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq. (AP via ABC News)
- The €752 million, 5-kilometre Dublin Port Tunnel opens almost 2 years (23 months) after its originally planned date. (RTÉ)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 20 December 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Udinese : 1 - 2
- Cagliari - Fiorentina : 0 - 2
- Chievo - Reggina : 3 - 2
- Empoli - Siena : 1 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Celta - Sociedad : 0 - 0
- Getafe - Espanol : 0 - 1
- Gimnastic - Betis : 0 - 1
- Osasuna - Levante : 2 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Poli Ejido : 1 - 1
- Almeria - Elche : 2 - 0
- Cadiz - Ponferradina : 0 - 0
- Castellon - Lorca : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?