Monday 16 January 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Branson in Waynesboro and Maxine Waters.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
A Fistful of Dollars, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Birds Fall Down by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der dritte Handschuh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1967 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Jeff Branson in Waynesboro: Michigan, USA; infielder (Cincinnati Reds).
- Maxine Waters: Jones; rocker (En Vogue).
- 1st black government installed in Bahamas
- Lucius Amerson, becomes 1st southern (Ala) black sheriff in 20th cent
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Nashville Cats
- The 4 Seasons - Tell It To The Rain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?