Wednesday 25 January 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Randy Mckay in MontrTal and Mario Brunetta.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
A Fistful of Dollars, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Name's McGooley, What's Yours?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1967 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Randy Mckay in MontrTal: QuTbec, Canada; NHL right wing (New Jersey Devils).
- Mario Brunetta: hockey goaltender (Team Italy 1998).
- Marty Calder in Saint Catharine: Ontario, Canada; 62kg freestyle wrestler (Olympics-12-1992,1996).
- Mark Bamford: American writer/director.
- Christophe Barbier: French journalist in politics, managing editor of the periodical "L'Express".
- David Ginola: French footballer (soccer), a co-commentator along with Ruud Gullit, a fellow footballer, on rival TV channels, BBC and ITV during the World Cup 1998. Ginola is known in the U.S. for his appearance in an advertisement for L'Oreal shampoo.
- DD Jackson: Pianist
- Nelson Asaytono: Filipino basketball player
- Randy McKay: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 January 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Nashville Cats
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- Blues Magoos - (We Aint' Got) Nothin' Yet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?