Wednesday 16 July 1997
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Caito Potatoe .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans.
In UK I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans was in the top 5 hits.
Air Force One, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Up Island by Anne Rivers Siddons was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Oz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Darklight Conflict or Harvest Moon GB.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1997!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 July 1997 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Jerold Mackenzie awarded $266M for being fired from Miller Brewing for sexual harrassment for relaying a Seinfeld episode to a co worker
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average gains 63.17 to close at 8,038.88. It is the Dow's first close above 8,000. The Dow has doubled its value in 30 months.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
- Meredith Brooks - Bitch
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- Hanson - MMMbop
- Bone Thugs N Harmony - Look Into My Eyes
- The Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
- Tim McGraw - It's Your Love
- The Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There
- Robyn - Do You Know (What It Takes)
- Shawn Colvin - Sunny Came Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?