Thursday June 16, 2005
US date format: 6/16/2005, UK date format: 16/6/2005
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see zodiac on June 16, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to We Belong Together by Mariah Carey.
In UK Axel F by Crazy Frog was in the top 5 hits.
Our Very Own, directed by Cameron Watson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Time Bomb.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DECO Online or Asphalt: Urban GT 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 16, 2005?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- A report by the Metropolitan Police in the UK states that children are being trafficked into the UK from Africa to be used as 'human sacrifices'. (BBC), (Guardian)
- 26 of 60 tank cars carrying fuel oil derail near Rzhev, Russia (about 200 km / 125 miles northwest of Moscow), sending a very large amount of oil into the ground contaminating Moscow's water supply and the Volga River after flowing down the Vazuza River from the accident site. It is not yet known if this incident is related to the bomb that was exploded on June 12 that derailed a passenger train. (RIA Novosti) (RIA Novosti) (Pravda)
- Conflict in Iraq: Five U.S. Marines die from a roadside bomb in Ramadi, Western Iraq. (BBC)
- A Jewish cemetery in West Ham has been attacked. This was the 117th time a Jewish cemetery in Great Britain has been attacked in 15 years. (The Independent)
- See more
Puerto Rican journalist author and...
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 16, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2005?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $59.25
- Apple AAPL: opens at $37.19
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.22
- General Electric GE: opens at $36.27
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $76.40
- 1 USD = 108.89 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.236 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.272 CHF
- 1 EUR = 131.78 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6638 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 16, 2005?
On June 16, 2005 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is June 16, 2005?
On June 16, 2005 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 16, 2005?
On June 16, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 16, 2005?
On June 16, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 16, 2005?
On June 16, 2005 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on June 16, 2005?
Famous people died on June 16, 2005 include, Enrique Laguerre.
What was the number one song in June 16, 2005?
The number one song in the week of June 16, 2005 was We Belong Together by Mariah Carey in US and Axel F by Crazy Frog in UK.
What were the top hits on June 16, 2005?
The top hits on June 16, 2005 were We Belong Together by Mariah Carey, Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani, Just A Lil Bit by 50 Cent in US and Axel F by Crazy Frog, Lonely by Akon, Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz in UK.