Learn the most interesting events and historical facts that happened throughout history on June 16. From 1900 until now.
June 16 is under the sign of Gemini.
Famous birthdays on this day include Tupac Shakur (rapper) (1971), Emmanuel Moire (1979) and Jean d'Ormesson (1925).
Several movies were released around June 16 over the years, such as Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? in 1966 directed by Mike Nichols and Up in Mabel's Room in 1926 directed by E. Mason Hopper.
But much more happened on June 16 over the years: find out below
Which were the most popular Movies released around June 16 over the years?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the important events of June 16?
- 2019 Syrian Civil War, Northwestern Syria offensive (April 2019–present): The Syrian Army and the Turkish Land Forces exchange heavy fire in the northern Idlib Governorate, in what Turkish officials described as a deliberate mortar attack on one of their observation posts in Murak that wounded three Turkish troops. (Al Jazeera) (Daily Sabah)At least 12 people are killed after jihadists shelled a village in Aleppo Governorate with mortars. (Business standards)
- 2018 Yemeni Civil War (2015–present): Battle of Al Hudaydah: Saudi Arabian-led coalition troops seize control of Hodeida International Airport in Al Hudaydah after driving out Houthi forces. Around 280 people have been reportedly killed in the last four days inside the Yemeni port city. (Sky News)
- 2017 June 2017 Jerusalem attack: In two simultaneous attacks near the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem, an Israeli policewoman is fatally stabbed; the three Palestinian assailants are shot dead. ISIL claims were questioned by Israeli authorities. As well, the PFLP and Hamas claim it was their members who did it. (Reuters)
- 2016 Libyan Civil War (2014–present): A suicide bombing kills at least 10 security force members in the village of Abu Qurayn, west of Sirte. (Al Jazeera)
- See more
French writer, director, editor, actor...
New York, United States -- Novelist...
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 16 over the years?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 2017 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber - Despacito
- 2016 Drake Featuring WizKid & Kyla - One Dance
- 2015 Wiz Khalifa Featuring Charlie Puth - See You Again
- 2014 Iggy Azalea Featuring Charli XCX - Fancy
- 2013 Macklemore - Can't Hold Us
- 2012 Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- 2011 Adele - Rolling In The Deep
- 2010 Katy Perry - California Gurls
- 2009 The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- 2008 Lil Wayne - Lollipop
- See more
Which were the most popular books released around June 16 over the years?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
This day over the years in 30 sec.
For more videos please visit our official youtube channel