Tuesday June 14, 2005
US date format: 6/14/2005, UK date format: 14/6/2005
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see zodiac on June 14, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to We Belong Together by Mariah Carey.
In UK Axel F by Crazy Frog was in the top 5 hits.
Our Very Own, directed by Cameron Watson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Time Bomb.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DJMAX Mobile or 10,000 Bullets.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 14, 2005?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- See more
- A major earthquake strikes about 80 miles (130 kilometers) off the coast of northern California on Tuesday night, briefly prompting a tsunami warning along the Pacific coast but with no immediate reports of damages or injuries. (AP)
- Asafa Powell breaks the world record in the 100 meters (328 feet, 1 inch) Tuesday with a 9.77 clocking at the Athens, Greece Olympic Stadium, making him the world's fastest human at 36.85 km/h (22.9 mi/h). (AP)
- The Supreme Court of Argentina declares unconstitutional two laws that granted immunity to Dirty War human rights abusers. (Bloomberg)
- Jacob Zuma, Executive Deputy President of South Africa, is fired for being implicated in a high-profile corruption trial. (Reuters)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 14, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2005?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $58.41
- Apple AAPL: opens at $36.01
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.31
- General Electric GE: opens at $36.50
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $75.05
- 1 USD = 109.39 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.2519 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2777 CHF
- 1 EUR = 131.57 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6658 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on June 14, 2005?
On June 14, 2005 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is June 14, 2005?
On June 14, 2005 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on June 14, 2005?
On June 14, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on June 14, 2005?
On June 14, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on June 14, 2005?
On June 14, 2005 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on June 14, 2005?
Famous people died on June 14, 2005 include, Carlo Maria Giulini, Mimi Parent.
What was the number one song in June 14, 2005?
The number one song in the week of June 14, 2005 was We Belong Together by Mariah Carey in US and Axel F by Crazy Frog in UK.
What were the top hits on June 14, 2005?
The top hits on June 14, 2005 were We Belong Together by Mariah Carey, Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani, Just A Lil Bit by 50 Cent in US and Axel F by Crazy Frog, Lonely by Akon, Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz in UK.