Wednesday 16 March 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Galy-Dejean and Walter Cunningham.
One Hour with You, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Fountain by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1932!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 March 1932 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- René Galy-Dejean
- Walter Cunningham: American astronaut who went into space aboard the Apollo 7 on 10/11/1968 with Walt Schurra and Donn Eisele.
- Baruch Modan: Israeli scientist (d. 2001).
- Tom Pittman: American actor who died aged 26, described by the Los Angeles Times as "one of Hollywood's most promising young actors.
- Roberto Spina: Italy sport Champion.
- Don Blasingame: American baseball player and manager (d. 2005).
- Kurt Diemberger: Austrian mountaineer and author.
- Herbert Marx: Canadian lawyer judge and politician.
- Ronnie Walter Cunningham in Creston: Iowa, USA; Colonel US Marine Corp/astronaut (Apollo 7).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?