Wednesday March 16, 1949
US date format: 3/16/1949, UK date format: 16/3/1949
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 16, 1949). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Victor Garber and Erik Estrada.
The Green Promise, directed by William D. Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Think Fast.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 16, 1949?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- See more
- KFMB TV channel 8 in San Diego, CA (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 16, 1949?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Perry Como - Forever and Ever
- Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae - A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song)
- Frankie Carle & His Orchestra - Cruising Down the River
- Russ Morgan & His Orchestra - Forever and Ever
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial