Wednesday 16 March 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Victor Garber and Erik Estrada.
Impact, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while This I Remember by Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Suspense.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1949!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 March 1949 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Victor Garber: Canadian actor.
- Erik Estrada: TV Actor.
- Jerry Goodman
- Joseph Pilato: American actor.
- Bertha Knox: Gilkey; welfare and tenement rights for urban women.
- Joe Pilato: Italian-American actor.
- Elliott Murphy: American-French singer-songwriter and journalist.
- KFMB TV channel 8 in San Diego, CA (CBS) begins broadcasting
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?