Saturday 19 March 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hannele Huovi and Denny Albee in Oklahoma City.
Impact, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Suspense.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1949
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 19 March 1949. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1949 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Denny Albee in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Dr Janssen - One Life to Live).
- Hannele Huovi: Finnish writer.
- Blase Cupich: American archbishop.
- Hirofumi Hirano: Japanese politician and Chief Cabinet Secretary.
- Valery Leontiev: Russian singer and actor.
- 1st museum devoted exclusively to atomic energy, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
- First museum devoted exclusively to atomic energy opens in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Russ Morgan & His Orchestra - Forever and Ever
- Frankie Carle & His Orchestra - Cruising Down the River
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
- Perry Como - Forever and Ever