Wednesday March 16, 2005
US date format: 3/16/2005, UK date format: 16/3/2005
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see zodiac on March 16, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Candy Shop by 50 Cent.
In UK Over And Over by Nelly featuring Tim McGraw was in the top 5 hits.
Guess Who, directed by Kevin Rodney Sullivan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Blood Brother by Anne Bird was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Contender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cloud or Another Century's Episode.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 16, 2005?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- See more
- Israel officially handed over Jericho to Palestinian control.
- Israel formally hands Jericho to Palestinian Authority control, which is likely to strengthen Mahmoud Abbas. The PA will resume security control over the city and will have to make sure that wanted militants will remain in check. (Yahoo!)(BBC)
- Anti-fascist protesters in the center of Riga, Latvia, end up in custody after trying to stop the annual march of Waffen-SS veterans and young radical nationalists. (BBC)
- Russia announces that it will pay US$10 m to the people who betrayed Chechen separatist leader Aslan Maskhadov, who was killed by Russian special forces. (The Guardian)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 16, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Nelly featuring Tim McGraw - Over And Over
- McFly - All About You / You've Got A Friend
- Jennifer Lopez - Get Right
- Tony Christie featuring Peter Kay - (Is This The Way To) Amarillo
- Stereophonics - Dakota
Top #5 R&B songs
Sport Games on March 16, 2005
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Standard - Louvieroise : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Dresden - FC Koln : 2 - 1
- Saarbrucken - Karlsruhe : 3 - 4
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Getafe : 1 - 2
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Sochaux - Metz : 2 - 1
- St Etienne - Ajaccio : 3 - 0
- Strasbourg - Monaco : 0 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $60.00
- Apple AAPL: opens at $41.21
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $24.82
- General Electric GE: opens at $35.81
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $90.74
- 1 USD = 104.13 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.2046 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.1521 CHF
- 1 EUR = 139.71 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6965 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on March 16, 2005?
On March 16, 2005 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is March 16, 2005?
On March 16, 2005 the zodiac sign was Pisces.
Who was the US President on March 16, 2005?
On March 16, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on March 16, 2005?
On March 16, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on March 16, 2005?
On March 16, 2005 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on March 16, 2005?
Famous people died on March 16, 2005 include, Todd Bell, Anthony George, Ralph Erskine.
What was the number one song in March 16, 2005?
The number one song in the week of March 16, 2005 was Candy Shop by 50 Cent in US and Over And Over by Nelly featuring Tim McGraw in UK.
What were the top hits on March 16, 2005?
The top hits on March 16, 2005 were Candy Shop by 50 Cent, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams by Green Day, Let Me Love You by Mario in US and Over And Over by Nelly featuring Tim McGraw, All About You / You've Got A Friend by McFly, Get Right by Jennifer Lopez in UK.