Tuesday March 01, 2005
US date format: 3/1/2005, UK date format: 1/3/2005
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 1, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Candy Shop by 50 Cent.
In UK Over And Over by Nelly featuring Tim McGraw was in the top 5 hits.
Green Street Hooligans, directed by Lexi Alexander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while By Order Of The President by W. E. B. Griffin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Contender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Break 'Em All (North America) Brick 'Em All DS (Europe) Simple DS Series Vol. 4: The Block Kuzushi ( or Amped 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 01, 2005?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- See more
- The Supreme Court of the United States rules the death penalty unconstitutional for juveniles who committed their crimes before age 18.
- In Afghanistan, president Hamid Karzai appoints Abdul Rashid Dostum as his chief-of-staff. Dostum has been accused of involvement in human rights abuses. (Reuters) (Daily Times, Pakistan) (BBC)
- In Bangladesh, 15 suspected radical leaders of Islamic groups are charged with sedition (Reuters) (Matamat, Bangladesh)
- In Burundi, a referendum approves the new constitution, which is intended to end 12 years of civil war (Reuters AlertNet) (IAfrica) (BBC)
- See more
- Peter Malkin: Israeli secret agent (Born 1927).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 01, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Nelly featuring Tim McGraw - Over And Over
- McFly - All About You / You've Got A Friend
- Jennifer Lopez - Get Right
- Tony Christie featuring Peter Kay - (Is This The Way To) Amarillo
- Stereophonics - Dakota
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mario - Let Me Love You
- The Game Featuring 50 Cent - How We Do
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Usher & Ludacris - Lovers And Friends
- 50 Cent - Disco Inferno
- Fantasia - Truth Is
- 50 Cent Featuring Olivia - Candy Shop
- Destiny's Child Featuring T.I. & Lil Wayne - Soldier
- T.I. - Bring Em Out
- John Legend - Ordinary People
- Trillville Featuring Cutty - Some Cut
Sport Games on March 01, 2005
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Espanol : 0 - 0
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Ross County - St Mirren : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Berwick - Stranraer : 1 - 2
- Dumbarton - Brechin : 1 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Albion Rvs - Queens Park : 0 - 4
- Montrose - East Stirling : 4 - 1
- Peterhead - Elgin : 3 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 01If March 01, 2005 is your birthday you're 15 years, 6 months, 19 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 months, 9 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in March 2005?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $62.97
- Apple AAPL: opens at $44.99
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $25.20
- General Electric GE: opens at $35.27
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $92.64
- 1 USD = 104.34 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.2407 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.1648 CHF
- 1 EUR = 137.66 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6858 GBP