Tuesday 2 August 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Furlong in Pasedina and Alejandro Amaya.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb.
In UK I Feel Love by Donna Summer was in the top 5 hits.
The Hills Have Eyes, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Grass Is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank by Erma Bombeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Year at the Top.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Super Bug or Basic Math.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1977!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1977 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Commodores - Easy
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Alice Cooper - You And Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?