Wednesday 16 September 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rossy de Palma and Molly Shannon.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Outsiders, directed by JeanLuc Cinéma Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while A Mother'S Kisses by Bruce Jay Friedman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World War One.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1964!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 16 September 1964 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Rossy de Palma: Spanish-French model and actress.
- Molly Shannon: American actress.
- David Michael Sabo in Perth Amboy: New Jersey, USA; rocker (Skid Row - "Psycho Love").
- Mary Coustas: Australian actress and screenwriter.
- Dave Sabo: American guitarist and songwriter (Skid Row).
- Leo Weismantel: German writer (Das Totenliebespar), dies at 76.
- Shindig premieres on ABC-TV
- ''Goldfinger'' opens in the UK.
- ''Bewitched'', starring Elizabeth Montgomery, premieres on ABC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?