What Happened on September 25, 1964US date format: 9/25/1964, UK date format: 25/9/1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 25, 1964). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Valérie Lou and Carlos Ruiz Zafón.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Cheyenne Autumn, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while A Mother'S Kisses by Bruce Jay Friedman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 September 1964
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1964 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Valérie Lou
- Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Carlos Ruiz Zafon: Novelist.
- Bryan Tooley: Eugene, Oregon -- Kayak (1996 Olympics).
- Maria Doyle Kennedy: Irish actress and singer.
- Anita Barone: American actress.
- Gary Ayles: English race car driver.
- Maria Doyle Kennedy: Musician.
- Chris Impellitteri: American guitarist and songwriter (Impellitteri and Animetal USA).
- Kikuko Inoue: Japanese singer-songwriter and voice actress (DoCo).
- Maria Kennedy: Irish actress and singer.
- Lily Mariye: American actress and director.
- Joey Saputo: Canadian businessman and sports executive.
- Barbara Dennerlein: German organist.
- Marc Benioff: Businessman.
- Jens Otto Krag forms minority government in Denmark
- The Mozambican War of Independence is launched by FRELIMO.
- September – Pete Townshend of The Who destroys his first guitar in the name of auto-destructive art at the Railway Hotel, London.
- October – In ''Photoplay'' magazine, Hedda Hopper announces that Sophia Loren and Paul Newman will star in the film version of Arthur Miller's play ''After the Fall'', with Loren in the role that was written about Marilyn Monroe. The film was never made.
- Three thousand student activists at University of California, Berkeley surround and block a police car from taking a CORE volunteer arrested for not showing his ID, when he violated a ban on outdoor activist card tables. This protest eventually explodes into the Berkeley Free Speech Movement.
- The ''Shinkansen'' high-speed rail system is inaugurated in Japan, for the first sector between Tokyo and Osaka.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The 4 Seasons - Save It For Me
Top #10 R&B songs
- Joe Hinton - Funny (How Time Slips Away)
- Don Covay & The Goodtimers - Mercy, Mercy
- Jerry Butler - I Stand Accused
- Four Tops - Baby I Need Your Loving
- James Brown And His Orchestra - Out Of Sight
- Jackie Ross - Selfish One
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Martha & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Impressions - You Must Believe Me
- Betty Everett & Jerry Butler - Let It Be Me
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?