Sunday 27 September 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Predrag Brzaković and Tracy Camp.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Cheyenne Autumn, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Count of Monte Cristo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1964 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Predrag Brzaković: Serbian footballer (d. 2012).
- Tracy Camp: American computer scientist and academic.
- Johnny Plooy: South African boxer (d. 2013).
- Stephan Jenkins: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Third Eye Blind).
- Despite 3 HRs by Johnny Callison, Phils are 14-8 losers to Braves
- Phillies 7th straight loses sends them into 2nd place
- The Warren Commission releases its report, concluding that Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone, assassinated President John F. Kennedy.
- The British TSR-2 aircraft XR219 makes its maiden flight from Boscombe Down in Wiltshire.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 September 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The 4 Seasons - Save It For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?