Sunday September 16, 1984
US date format: 9/16/1984, UK date format: 16/9/1984
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 16, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Katie Melua and Sabrina Bryan.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Duniya, directed by Ramesh Talwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Tough Guys Don'T Dance by Norman Mailer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Miami Vice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bozo's Night Out or Girl's Garden.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 16, 1984?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- See more
- Emmy Creative Arts Award presentation
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 16, 1984?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
- Mtume - You, Me And He
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Joyce Kennedy & Jeffrey Osborne - The Last Time I Made Love
- Rick James - 17
- The S.O.S. Band - Just The Way You Like It
- Prince And The Revolution - Let's Go Crazy
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Jermaine Jackson - Dynamite
Sport Games on September 16, 1984
- Atlanta Falcons - Minnesota Vikings : 20 - 27
- Chicago Bears - Green Bay Packers : 9 - 7
- Cincinnati Bengals - New York Jets : 23 - 43
- Denver Broncos - Cleveland Browns : 24 - 14
- Detroit Lions - Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 17 - 21
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?