Monday September 24, 1984
US date format: 9/24/1984, UK date format: 24/9/1984
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 24, 1984). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Tanit Phoenix and Taylor Eigsti.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Let's Go Crazy by Prince.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Dang doi lai ming, directed by Po-Chih Leong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mensch Bachmann.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mugsy or Conan: Hall of Volta.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 24, 1984?
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 24, 1984?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
- Prince And The Revolution - Let's Go Crazy
- Joyce Kennedy & Jeffrey Osborne - The Last Time I Made Love
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You
- Mtume - You, Me And He
- The S.O.S. Band - Just The Way You Like It
- Alicia Myers - You Get The Best From Me (Say, Say, Say)
- Jermaine Jackson - Dynamite
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Diana Ross - Swept Away
Sport Games on September 24, 1984
- San Diego Chargers - Los Angeles Raiders : 30 - 33
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?