Sunday March 17, 1991, St. Patrick's Day
US date format: 3/17/1991, UK date format: 17/3/1991
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 17, 1991). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Cordarrelle Patterson and Thomas Robinson.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Someday by Mariah Carey.
In UK Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash was in the top 5 hits.
Career Opportunities, directed by Bryan Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while The Plains of Passage by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Get the Picture.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Conquests of the Longbow or The Brainies.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 17, 1991?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- See more
- 9 of 15 Soviet reps officially approve new union treaty
- Irish Lesbians and Gays march in St. Patrick Day parade
- New Jersey raises turnpike tolls 70%
- Penny Hammel wins Desert Inn LPGA Golf International.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 17, 1991?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Rude Boys - Written All Over Your Face
- Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- The O'Jays - Don't Let Me Down
- Mariah Carey - Someday
- Alexander O'Neal - All True Man
- Levert - All Season
- Freddie Jackson - Do Me Again
- Whitney Houston - All The Man That I Need
- Tara Kemp - Hold You Tight
- Johnny Gill - Wrap My Body Tight
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 17If March 17, 1991 is your birthday you're 29 years, 4 months, 28 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 3 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?