Saturday March 17, 1990, St. Patrick's Day
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hozier (musician) and Hozier .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Escapade by Janet Jackson.
In UK Dub Be Good To Me by Beats International featuring Lindy Layton was in the top 5 hits.
Pretty Woman, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Scions Of Shannara by Terry Brooks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aerolina.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Captain Comic II: Fractured Reality or Dizzy Panic!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1990!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1990 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:17 March
- Rick Grech: British rock bassist (Blind Faith, Traffic), dies at age 44 (born 1946).
- Germaine Capucine: Actress (Rendez-Vous de Juillet), dies at 57.
- Ric Grech British bass player (Blind Faith: Traffic) (Born 1946).
- Capucine : French fashion model and actress best known for her comedic roles in The Pink Panther (1963) and What's New Pussycat? (1965).
- PBA National Championship Won by Jim Pencak.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Quincy Jones - The Secret Garden
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Miki Howard - Love Under New Management
- Janet Jackson - Escapade
- Heritage - Earth, Wind & Fire (Featuring The Boys)
- Alyson Williams - I Need Your Lovin'
- Where Do We Go From Here - Stacy Lattisaw & Johnny Gill
- Troop - Spread My Wings
- Stephanie Mills - Comfort Of A Man
- Luther Vandross - Treat You Right
Top #10 Latin songs
- Kaoma - Lambada
- Ana Gabriel - Soledad
- La Cima Del Cielo - Ricardo Montaner
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
- La Vida Decidio - Emmanuel
- Para Amarnos Mas - Mijares
- Embrujada (Estoy) - Yuri
- Abre Las Ventanas Al Amor - Roberto Carlos
- Luis Enrique - Mi Mundo
- Lambada-Llorando Se Fue - Teresa Guerra
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Beats International featuring Lindy Layton - Dub Be Good To Me
- The Brits 1990 - Various Artists
- Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
- Love Shack - The B-52s
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?