Saturday March 16, 1991
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1991). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Van Halen and Sara Hopkins.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Someday by Mariah Carey.
In UK Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash was in the top 5 hits.
Career Opportunities, directed by Bryan Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while The Japan That Can Say No by Shintaro Ishihara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Get the Picture.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball or Cobra Mission: Panic in Cobra City.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1991
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1991!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1991 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Wolfgang Van Halen: American musician, the son of actress Valerie Bertinelli and rocker Eddie Van Halen.
- Sara Hopkins: Vine Star.
- 7 of Reba McEntire band members are killed in a plane crash
- Worlds Ladies Figure Skating Champ in Munich won by Kristi Yamaguchi
- Seven members of Reba McEntire's band are killed in a plane crash.
- Members of Irish Gay and Lesbian Organization march in New York City parade.
- New York Lotto pays US$33.3 million to one winner (numbers are 18-21-32-33-35-38).
- New Jersey Nets' coach Bill Fitch is fourth coach to win 800 NBA games.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Written All Over Your Face - The Rude Boys
- Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- Don't Let Me Down - The O'Jays
- Mariah Carey - Someday
- Alexander O'Neal - All True Man
- All Season - Levert
- Freddie Jackson - Do Me Again
- Whitney Houston - All The Man That I Need
- Tara Kemp - Hold You Tight
- Johnny Gill - Wrap My Body Tight
Top #10 Latin songs
- Banda Blanca - Sopa De Caracol
- Te Pareces Tanto A El - Myriam Hernandez
- No Basta - Franco de Vita
- Estrellitas Y Duendes - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Bella Senora - Emmanuel
- Es Demasiado Tarde - Ana Gabriel
- Chayanne - Tiempo De Vals
- Esa Mujer - Jose Jose
- Demasiado Herida - Paloma San Basilio
- Tengo Que Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
- The Stonk - Hale & Pace & The Stonkers
- The Simpsons - Do The Bartman
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Nomad featuring MC Mikee Freedom - (I Wanna Give You) Devotion
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?