Saturday 16 March 1991
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Van Halen and Sara Hopkins.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Someday by Mariah Carey.
In UK Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash was in the top 5 hits.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, directed by Michael Pressman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Heartbeat by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Opstanok.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ABC Wide World Of Sports Boxing or The Adventures of Willy Beamish.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1991!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1991 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Wolfgang Van Halen: American musician, the son of actress Valerie Bertinelli and rocker Eddie Van Halen.
- Sara Hopkins: Vine Star.
- 7 of Reba McEntire band members are killed in a plane crash
- Worlds Ladies Figure Skating Champ in Munich won by Kristi Yamaguchi
- Seven members of Reba McEntire's band are killed in a plane crash.
- Members of Irish Gay and Lesbian Organization march in New York City parade.
- New York Lotto pays US$33.3 million to one winner (numbers are 18-21-32-33-35-38).
- New Jersey Nets' coach Bill Fitch is fourth coach to win 800 NBA games.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?