Thursday 17 May 2007US date format: 5/17/2007, UK date format: 17/5/2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, directed by Julian Schnabel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Husband by Dean Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching El Pantera.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat or Crash Dummy vs. The Evil D-Troit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 May 2007 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 May
- TK Doraiswamy (also known as Nakulan): Indian poet and author (Born 1921).
- Trains from North and South Korea cross the 38th Parallel in a test-run agreed by both governments. This is the first time that trains have crossed the Demilitarized Zone since 1953.
- Jaak Aaviksoo, the Estonian Defence Minister, states that the Russian Government may be behind recent hacking on Estonian government and commercial web sites following the moving of the Bronze Soldier. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- United States Senate Democratic Party officials seek a vote of no confidence on Attorney-General Alberto Gonzales. (CBS)
- Gordon Brown is confirmed as the next leader of the British Labour Party, taking effect on 24 June. Brown will succeed Tony Blair as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom when he kisses the hand of Queen Elizabeth II on 27 June. (BBC)
- 2007 Israel-Gaza conflict: An Israeli aircraft bombs a building of the Hamas-run Executive Force in Gaza, killing at least one person and injuring about 45 others. (BBC)
- Voters in Algeria go to the polls to elect a new People's National Assembly with tight security arrangements after recent bomb attacks. (BBC)
- French President Sarkozy appoints François Fillon as his Prime Minister. (Élysée Palace)
- The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission announces that all over-the-air TV broadcasts must be digital by August 31, 2011. (The Globe and Mail)
- Hong Kong media regulator receives more than a thousand complaints about the bible being too sexual, in what seems to be a response to a recent ruling condemning a sex survey in a student newspaper. (Daily Mail)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in May 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain Featuring Yung Joc
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- I'm A Flirt - R. Kelly Or Bow Wow (Featuring T.I. & T-Pain)
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Pop, Lock & Drop It - Huey
- Ciara - Like A Boy
- Lloyd - Get It Shawty
- Ne-Yo - Because Of You
- Akon - Don't Matter
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Impacto - Daddy Yankee Featuring Fergie
- Si Nos Quedara Poco Tiempo - Chayanne
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Eres Para Mi - Julieta Venegas
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Pegao - Wisin & Yandel Featuring Los Vaqueros
- Dame Un Beso - Intocable
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The online store, to be introduced later this year, will allow people to play music on almost any personal device. [..]
The chief executive of DaimlerChrysler argued that Cerberus offers the “best possible future setup” for his company. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $83.98
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $119.00
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.52
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $45.36
- 1 CAD = 1.1155 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0102 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9052 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4227 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?