Tuesday 17 May 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Schmocker in Interlaken and Gilles Quénéhervé.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Monday, Monday by The Mamas & The Papas.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Nevada Smith, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Förster Horn.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1966 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Mark Schmocker in Interlaken: Switzerland; US team handball goalie (Olympics-1996).
- Gilles Quénéhervé: French sprinter who specialized in the 200 metres.
- Hill Harper: American actor.
- Qusay Hussein: Iraqi politician, son of Saddam Hussein (Born 1966).
- Mark Kratzmann: Australian tennis player and coach.
- Danny Manning: American basketball player and coach
- Randy Turpin: British black boxer who became the first World Heavyweight Championship holder since 1891 by defeating Sugar Ray Robinson on 7/10/1951.
- KFDO (now KVIJ) TV channel 8 in Sayre, OK (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Kicks
- Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab You Darlin'
- Dionne Warwick - Message To Michael
- The Beach Boys - Sloop John B
- The Supremes - Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?