Friday May 17, 1985US date format: 5/17/1985, UK date format: 17/5/1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 17, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Hough and Greg Van Avermaet.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Fletch, directed by Michael Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while A Passion For Excellence by Tom Peters and Nancy Austin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching About Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mach Rider or Moebius: The Orb of Celestial Harmony.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1985!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1985 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Derek Hough: American dancer and singer.
- Greg Van Avermaet: Belgian cyclist.
- Matt Ryan: American football player.
- Teófilo Gutiérrez: Colombian footballer.
- Christine Nesbitt: Canadian speed skater.
- Julia Voth: Actress.
- Emil Sitoci: Dutch wrestler.
- Alyssa Stringfellow: New Zealand actress.
- Todd Redmond: American baseball player.
- Andrew Keenan-Bolger: Actor.
- Les Anderson catches record 97-pound 4-ounce Chinook Salmon, off Alaska.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
- USA For Africa - We Are The World
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Debarge - Rhythm Of the Night
- Klymaxx - Meeting In The Ladies Room
- The Gap Band - I Found My Baby
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Electric Lady - ConFunkShun
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?