Friday 18 September 1981
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Camille Combal and Fabiane Nunes.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Tainted Love by Soft Cell was in the top 5 hits.
Chariots of Fire, directed by Hugh Hudson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while How To Make Love To A Man by Alexandra Penney was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roger Doesn't Live Here Anymore.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 005 or Vanguard.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1981!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 September 1981 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Camille Combal
- Fabiane Nunes
- Sebastian Decoud
- Han Ye-seul
- JeA : South Korean singer-songwriter and producer (Brown Eyed Girls).
- Nicole da Silva: Australian actress.
- Sebastián Decoud: Argentinian tennis player.
- Kristaps Valters: Latvian basketball player.
- Celine Jourdan: French child victim, age six when she was raped and murdered by Didier Gentil during holidays at her dad's house, on 7/26/1988.
- Jennifer Tisdale: American actress and model.
- Lucy Aharish: Israeli journalist and actress.
- Assemblee Nationale votes to abolish capital punishment in France.
- France abolishes capital punishment.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Foreigner - Urgent
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?